Vivo V11 Pro Display damaged or cracked? This tutorial helps you to change the damaged or cracked display screen of Vivo V11 Pro. You can purchase the display online or from a local store.
As you know, Vivo V11 Pro has an on-screen fingerprint sensor. When you buy the display combo, check whether the on-screen fingerprint sensor will be working or not. Because there are two types of generic display screens available for Vivo V11 Pro in the market.
Tools required for Vivo V11 Pro display replacement
- Pry tool or Opener
- Separator Machine or Hair Dryer
- Special Glue of Display Screen
- IPA or Thinner
- Screw Driver
Procedure for Vivo V11 Pro Display Change
Step:1 Remove the Back Panel
- There are 2 Screws near Charging Port. Remove them first.
- Remove Sim Tray
- Remove the Back Panel using the Pry tool or Opener
Step:2 Disconnect Battery & Display Connector from Board
- Unbolt all screws of Main Board & Sub Board Cover
- Remove both covers
- Detach the Battery connecter from Main Board
- Pull out the green sticker to remove the battery
- Detach the Display Connector, Mainboard to Sub Board ribbon connector, and fingerprint sensor flex from Sub Board
- Disconnect the coaxial antenna cable from the Sub-board.
- Gently remove the subboard
Step:3 Remove the old Display Combo
- Heat the old Display Combo at 100°C with the help of a Separator Machine. If you don’t have Separator Machine, you can simply use the Hair Dryer to heat up the Screen.
- Heat around 4-5 minutes. It will soften the glue on the screen.
- Take any plastic card. Try to insert it between the screen and the middle frame.
- Gently slide down it from top to bottom and remove the Display Screen.
Step:4 Mounting the New Display Combo
- Clean the old glue from the middle frame.
- Use Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) to clean the glue easily.
- Apply the Special Glue on the sides of the frame.
- Wait for 3 minutes for a better result.
- Insert the Display Connector in the frame first.
- Align the Display Combo with the middle frame and fix it on the frame.
Step:5 Assembling the Smartphone
- Connect the display with the Sub-board.
- Connect the fingerprint sensor and ribbon, coaxial antenna cable in Sub-board
- Place the battery in its position.
- Now at least connect the battery to the main board
- Place both Main Board and Sub-board covers and tighten the screws
- Mount the Back cover
- Insert Sim tray
- Tighten both screws near Charging Port
Use rubber bands to press down the display.
Now Power on the mobile and check the Display.
Remove the rubber band after 12 hours. Generally, the curing time of the glue is written on the Glue Tube.
In this way, you can change the damaged display of Vivo V11 Pro.
For more convenience, I am providing the YouTube video which demonstrates how to replace the damaged display of the Vivo V11 Pro.
To learn how to use DC Power Supply in Mobile phone repair, Click here